Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years experience in general legal matters.
17897874

I recently purchased a 2013 nissan a month ago with just

Customer Question

I recently purchased a 2013 nissan a month ago with just over 14k miles. It started making buzzing noise which I went in to get it fix under warranty, But the noise continues after repairs..I plan to bring it back but I feel this car may be a lemon if I have to bring it back for multiple repairs on the same issue. What can I do?
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: GA 2013
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I went in to get it repaired for this buzzing noise and after leaving the dealership the noise came back. Unfortunately it was closing hours. I fear they have sold me a lemon vehicle. It's only 2013 with just over 14k
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs, and I look forward to assisting you.

Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

Is the car still covered under the manufacturers warranty?

Did the repair shop warranty the work they did?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I recently purchased a 2013 nissan a month ago with just over 14k miles. It started making buzzing noise which I went in to get it fix under warranty, But the noise continues after repairs..I plan to bring it back but I feel this car may be a lemon if I have to bring it back for multiple repairs on the same issue. What can I do? They repaired it under the warranty but as I said now i have to bring it back for the same issue. So it wasn't FIXED.
Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

If the repair shop gave you a warranty for the work they did, and it was not satisfactory, then you can insist they redo the repair successfully.

While used cars are not generally covered under state "lemon laws", if the car is still covered under the manufacturer's warranty then you may have recourse under federal law.

You may be entitled to a repurchase or replacement from the manufacturer (not the dealer), under their warranty, if:

1. three or more repair attempts and the problem continues to exist; OR

2. the car is out of service by reason of repair for a cumulative total of 15 days or more (although unavailability of parts may extend this time).

Once that happens, you need to contact the manufacturer's customer service division to apply for arbitration. You will find the number in you owner's manual.

They say the process can take around 10 days for a decision, but my experience has been that it will be closer to a month. There are attorneys who handle these types of claims, but you can do it yourself, at least to start.

Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Expert:  Loren replied 3 months ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you. A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.