Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I have had a service visit for AC two times since Aug. 25.

Customer Question

I have had a service visit for AC two times since Aug. 25. First time (25th) was yearly furnace and AC check and AC was working just fine when tech arrived. He told me I needed all sorts of new parts including a new capacitor (inside?) which he installed to the tune of $180.00. (28) Today I had to call again because the temp inside the house is same as outside. Tech from same company told me I need new fan assembly (fan seems to be running just fine) new switch box outside (I know, wrong name but it is the thing that tech pulls to stop power to outside unit) and new outside capacator to the tune of $1000.
Unit was blowing cold air outside before he arrived and is now blowing hot air but inside air is not cooling. Any thoughts? Also wanted to sell me a new unit to the tune of around $4000.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  alumalite replied 3 months ago.

from here it looks like an entirely fraudulent and incompetent service technician... and perhaps the entire company.

I am going to forward your question to our consumer affairs legal category... it may take them a few minutes to be notified.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your question for us about this issue?
Have you contacted a new company to come out and inspect not only what the first company did, but also diagnose the new issue?