Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I recently went online to the hotel site Trivago, I was in

Customer Question

Hello, I recently went online to the hotel site Trivago, I was in San Diego to pick up my vehicle from the Port that I had shipped back to the Mainland after retiring from the military, I wanted to book a hotel room at the Best Western in Santee, CA. Which I stayed at on 23 August. After I click on reserve room it went to Expedia I entered my info, and credit card number, I then clicked on confirm and it pop up immediately to the Comfort Inn in Santee, SC. For reservations on Sept 11-12. It also said No refunds or cancellations.
I immediately call the Comfort Inn in SC to let them know I was booking a room for Santee, CA, not SC. I got the same response No refunds or cancellations. They then told me to call Expedia, I called them and Expedia called the hotel and got the same response, they told me the Comfort Inn would charge me if I was a "No Show" but told me to call back the Comfort Inn to the Manager to get this reservation cancelled. I called and got no response. They have already charge my credit card, and I have screen shots of some of these transactions. Can I sue them for charging me for a reservation that was a computer glitch, I do not plan or will never be in SC ever. Can you advise me what I can do?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 5 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

Have you notified your credit card company that you want to dispute the charge because you never ordered the room you were billed for?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** check with my credit card company, right now it's the weekend and I will have to wait until Monday, last time I checked the charge was made by Comfort Inn. I will dispute it. But isn't what they're doing wrong, or some kind of a crime? Is there any grounds I could sue Trivago, Expedia, or Comfort Inn for running this racket, I talked to the staff at the Best Western in Santee, CA while I was staying there, and the staff told me other people have complained about the same issue with the online going to Santee, SC, and that this isn't the first time it has happen. There's got to be something to stop this scam they are running?

There should be a phone number on the back of the card that lets you contact them 24/7. Does your card not have such a number?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will call them Thank you.

Please let me now what the credit card company says, and which State you are in.