Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Bought used car from dear on 6/23/16. As we drove off

Customer Question

Bought used car from dear on 6/23/16. As we drove off several warning lights went off. took the car back, dealer still has it as of today 8/26/16. Found out yesterday that he has never sent in the form to DMV to register the car. Now he is trying to give e different car and asking for more money - wants me to pay above kelly blue retail price. When I test drove it the engine light came on and the transmission sounds like it is slipping. Do I have any recourse?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 3 months ago.

Hello

You have a case, even though, bought used. You can pursue on basis of seller not fulfilling all obligations, misrepresentation, fraud, and unjust enrichment. I will next provide you with some options and preparation ideas.

On options, you can pursue a complaint with seller first, and then escalate with threat of and if needed pursuit of complaint with the BBB, attorney general office, lawyer involvement and civil lawsuit.

For preparation, collect your evidence, including documents, and prepare a timeline of events which will help narrate the facts that go to their violation, misrepresentations and breach.

Kindly rate me 5 stars,

and if I can clarify anything, reply and let me know

thanks in advance.