Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience
91018665

We bought food from Costco which later was recalled due to

Customer Question

We bought food from Costco which later was recalled due to bacterial infections. The bacterial was claimed to be dangerous for pregnant women. I was pregnant at that moment, ate the food, got sick once and had a miscarriage. I got my sample tested and the test shows that chromosome of the fetus is all normal. I want to sue the manufacturer and request compensation. Should I proceed? How likely would I succeed? And what's the expected compensation if I should proceed?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 3 months ago.

I am so sorry to hear this. As long as you have proof that there was a connection between this food and your unfortunate miscarriage, I think there is a good case. You would contact a local attorney who specializes in toxic torts. He would be able to have you physically examined and determine the case. I think there is a good chance of success if there is clear evidence between the bacteria and miscarriages. It's hard to predict what you could get. Costco might settle or fight until trial where your jury award could be in the millions since the loss of child is so emotionally impacting.