How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Satisfied Customers: 18801
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Consumer Protection Law Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I took my car in the "Manuel Zarate auto shop" to fix my

Customer Question

I took my car in the "Manuel Zarate auto shop" to fix my clutch and while testing to see if my new clutch was properly installed he noticed that my alternator was bad.. I never had a problem with my alternator before so i was a little skeptical at first... But i approved. Keep in mind i took in my car 'july 23' and took a month to fix and got it back 'august 15' so he installed a new alternator with my approval. But installed a new battery with out my permission. So it was $640 for new clutch $ 650 for new alternator and battery. I paid the first $640 and agreed to pay the other half my next paycheck. On my way home from work August 17 at 12:00 in the morning my alternator stopped working, leaving me stranded in the middle of the road. When i took it to pep boys they told me the alternator was bad and the connections that connect to the alternator. And the battery was dead. I paid &520 for new alternator new battery. And new alternator connection ..
Do i legally have to pay the other half of Manuel Zarate auto shop?
What should i do? I do not want to pay if i had to pay $520 for a guaranteed repair.
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly.

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 9 months ago.

If you paid another shop for the same alternator that the previous shop allegedly replaced, then you do not have to pay the previous shop. However, you have to tell the previous shop what happened: that the part they allegedly changed broke and was replaced, and get their agreement in writing that you no longer owed the bill. Also, show them a copy of the bill from Pep Boys.

If you do not have any follow-up question(s), kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. That’s the way that I get paid for answering questions on the site. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Related Consumer Protection Law Questions