Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

My question is i dropped my car off july 8 at Free mills

Customer Question

Hello my name is*****
My question is i dropped my car off july 8 at Free mills transmission and they gave me a price of 2200 for a new transmission they pick my car up from my house I was at work I talked to them over the phone gave them 400 deposit they told me I can get on a payment plan I had to fill out a Finance paper I faxed it back to them I got denied so I went up there the week after gave them 400 more and the receipt said I had to pay 26 hundred more so I asked why is it 2600 and the we talk on the phone and it was 2200 and I gave you 800 we only supposed to be fixing my transmission which is a transmission is 1200 so we're there all the other money come I never signed a paper or nothing I went yesterday to pick my car up my window bus my key is lost no tags on the car the engine just jammed in the back of my car they had plastic on my window never did they contact me and say my window was bus nor do they make a police report so I called the police and got a police report and they told me that I need to get a lawyer and sue them so my question is do I have a case and I said it was 7:50 just to take the transmission out but they never told me that never show me no papers so either way I was my window bus on your property no one called to let me know that Mikey is missing they don't know where my key is so do I have a case
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
An everyday i was calling they gave me the run around
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Its a 2003 honda accord
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 1 month ago.

You have a case for breach of contract and unjust enrichment. You may pursue it by threat and pursuit through several avenues.

Those include the attorney general office, the BBB, and state court lawsuit, as well as by lawyer letter.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Not understanding

You can threaten a case with the agencies and court. You can also pursue such a case, based on breach of contract.

Often the threat is enough as company wont want to risk being sued, or want to incur the legal fees. Its easier and cheaper for them to settle.