Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.

I bought a freezer from Big Sandy and have made one payment.

Customer Question

I bought a freezer from Big Sandy and have made one payment. The freezer quit working and I have around $600 in food ruined. They say they will cover $100. I believe they should cover all that I have lost. I purchased insurance for the freezer thru them also.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You need to also file a claim with your homeowner's insurance in addition to them. If the freezer were under warranty they are liable to replace the freezer if they cannot repair it and also for any loss associated with their defective freezer. If they refuse to do so, you can sue them in small claims court for the money and you would have to prove the value of the food that was ruined based on their defective product.
Legally, when they replace a product they can require new insurance because it is a new product.