Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience

In November of 2015 I leased a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Customer Question

In November of 2015 I leased a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo from a dealership called Buffalo Auto Group. So in March or the end of February I took the car for it's three months check for an oil change. Two to three weeks later around March 14th 2016 I was out riding near Walden and Central Avenue intersection and my car stalled. So now I'm in a dilemma and I didn't know what to do so I'll call my dealership. I called Triple-A which took them which it took them about an hour and a half to get to me. Also not knowing under my full coverage that I would be covered for a tow from my destination to a repair shop . Mean while I was blocking traffic so an officer helped guide me to the side of the street I couldn't turn my truck on so he helped me push it to the side of the road into a parking lot . I need direct me to go to*****which is a auto repair shop. At this point the auto repair shop told me that they had nothing we would not be able to help me as far as engine work because my engine was blown the oil cap was not tightened or something of that sort. So as far as the legal standpoint of it who am I to place blame on what I blame the dealership or what I do the people that did my oil change and what I be still within the statute of limitations of getting the repair because my car is still in operable could you please help me thank you.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about your situation. I would probably file suit against the dealership and the oil change shop collectively and let them battle it out as to who is responsible. You could file in small claims court possibly. I believe the damages limit in NY is $10,000. You would be within the statute of limitations.

Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 1 month ago.

If you have no further questions a positive rating would be greatly appreciated.