Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

I am a victim of identity theft and it will not stop I had

Customer Question

I am a victim of identity theft and it will not stop I had my car repossed over a title loan someone obtained just 20 miles from home I can not get help because my phone is hacked with this ussd code I can't receive calls the phone company says the phone is fine I was never given restitution from the bank where it first started I've filed complaints with everyone and no one seems to want to help
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Samuel-II replied 3 months ago.

Hello Shirley

This is Samuel. I am sorry to hear of this matter. But I am unclear what exactly is the information you are seeking. Did you get the repossession straightened out?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No they sold my car at an auction and sent me a bill for the balance owed its not just the car however when I bought the car, I paid cash and did not receive the title on day of purchase it came in the mail 11 months later then 2 months later this loan was obtained I was already a victim through the anthem breach which resulted in them taking money out of my account through phone transfers they also purchased hotels rental cars Walmart and it's all being done within a 50 mile range of where I live the cops didn't do a through investigation but now I can't even receive calls on my phone it rings busy much more to tell I just need an attorney that deals with consumer protection act I've been to land of Lincoln there is a conflict of interest I also have mail issues I've filed complaints with everyone and I'm thinking they are not receiving them due to phone issues which then results in email issues
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My phone will not let me call or receive calls yet the phone company says the phone is fine
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I will just go to the library thank you

I do NOT participate in phone calls offered by this website and we will continue here. Thanks for your patience while I finish typing the information in this regard.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR as your previous contributor had to leave.
Have you gone in person to file the identity theft complaints to the police?
Have you filed suit against the title loan company that took your car, since they had a fraudulent loan and fraudulent title?
Please tell us exactly what you have done?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have filed a police report as well as a complaint for identity theft with theFTC and Illinois attorney generals office as far as filing suit against the title loan company, I need an attorney to help with that there was a freeze on my as number therefore they should have not been able to obtain the loan in the first place. The police said the handwriting looked somewhat similar to mine therefore could not make a determination as to whether I was a victim of I'd theft or not therefore they came and took my vehicle I was never given any legal documents such as where a judge signed the order for them to come take the car its a horrible mess I've filed complaints with the BBB the ICB3 the FTC and dept of justice and get nowhere and I think its because the calls are being diverted I also filed a complaint with the FDIC due to the bank continuing to allow phone transfers after I asked them not too. They took over 10,000 through my bank because when it first happened and I told the bank they issued me a new debit card but failed to change the acct number
Thank you for your reply.
The attorney general will not file suit, you would have to file your own suit against the loan company and through that suit you would have to try to identify the person who stole your identity (if you do not know them already) as they would be included as a defendant in your suit.
You would need a local consumer protection attorney to file the suit or you could go to legal aid for assistance if you cannot find an attorney willing to take this on a contingency fee basis (your attorney gets paid from whatever money they recover from their suit). You need to go to these places in person, not by phone or internet, to try to arrange for your representation and to get suit filed so you can seek to recover your money that they took from you based on fraud.