Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney

Please, l went to a car dealership to purchase a

Customer Question

please my name is***** l went to a car dealership to purchase a Mercedes-benz cargo Van. they did the finance and gave me the cargo van, signed all documents they asked me to,they gave me a temporary registration tag. l have the van with me, and today they have sent me a text message saying they are coming for the cargo van because the finance company is not financing. l have job with a company am using the cargo van for. They collected money as down payment. l have all documents which they made me sign before giving me the cargo Van. so please what should do or what can you do in this issue. the Van is with me now and l will loose my job with company if l do show up as contracted with the company. my cell number is(###) ###-####
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Generally, in similar situation the only options would be for the consumer to find financing for the vehicle or to purchase the vehicle with cash, otherwise, the dealer will repossess the vehicle, since it was sold subject to financing and the dealer is unable to get financing approved by the buyer.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!