Nishan Parlakian
Nishan Parlakian,
Experience:  Principal at Consumer Law Office of Nishan Parlakian, Esq.

My truck was towed on a flatbed from Stafford VA to Powhatan

Customer Question

My truck was towed on a flatbed from Stafford VA to Powhatan VA. The driver put the truck on rear first. On I95 the cap on the bed flipped up and off my truck. It hit my hood on the way to the road. We called the police and they were aware of the incident and no one was hurt. Is the towing company liable for this damage?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Nishan Parlakian replied 2 months ago.

Mr. Stewart, in this case, without seeing the contract for the tow, if there is one, then I believe they are at least in part. If you say that by putting the truck on rear first caused an issue then certainly you have a colorable claim. Also once on the truck, the driver and tow company are responsible for what ever happens. They take on the safety as far as the general public is concerned. They should have ensured that everything was secured. I would send them a formal letter asking for payment based on what we said here. Let me know if you would like a letter template. best, Sean