Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I purchased/lease a 2016 automobile and I want to know why

Customer Question

I purchased/lease a 2016 automobile and I want to know why did I pay a payment up front which would have been for July, now GM Financial say I owe for the month of July. Why is it that I have to pay for a full month car payment when I didn"t get the car until 6/27/2016. I need some helo.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! I will be assisting you today with your post.

I am sorry, but I am having difficulty understanding your post.

Kindly review, edit, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I purchased a 2016 Cadillac on June 27, 2016 and the problem is that hm financial said that because I got the car on the 27 GM financial said that I had to pay a full month of car payment of $777.51 for June. I paid a payment to the dealership plus my down payment of $2500.00 They the financial manager said that my payment would be for July and I wouldn't have to make a payment until August 27th.. Well that didn't work because GM. Financial kept calling me about my past due payment. So what is going on?

Thank you for the information.

I do not know what is going on there or what GM Finance is trying to pull here. You are not legally liable for car payment for the month of June if you picked up the car on the 27th of June. GM cannot legally expect you to pay for full month of June when you only had the car for three days in June. By continuing to insist that the June's payment is past due, GM is engaging in unfair and deceptive practice. You should file complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, Federal Trade Commission, and the Better Business Bureau.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.