Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

A financial company took an extra payment out of my account

Customer Question

A financial company took an extra payment out of my account using the ebt debut. There was a co-signer. My car was paid off on February 18 2016, March 3rd is when over payment was done. Throughout the conversations 20 times some lasting over an hour. Move and did change of address on March 3rd 2016. Want Exeter financial to credit to my checking account. I was told I would have to wait 45 days. They decided to mail a thought mail with the old address. That check was than cashed by cosigner daughter deposited the into her account. My name was the only on my checking account and the check had both our names on it. Is there any recourse for me
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! ! I will be assisting you today with your post.

I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

You can ask the co-signer to return the money to you. If the co-signer refuses, then you can file Small Claim against the co-signer to recover the money. The Small Claim would be filed at the local Courthouse where the co-signer resides.

You can obtain complaint forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

The financial company has paid the money to you and your co-signer. They are not responsible for the co-signer's action.

If you do not have any follow-up question(s), kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.