Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

Can Honda force to take delivery of an unsafe car due to

Customer Question

Can Honda force to take delivery of an unsafe car due to airbag issues?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

I am preparing my response to your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you...They want to replace the driver side bag, and have us take possession without changing the passenger side bag. They have been paying for a rental and have threatened to have us pay for that charge unless we take possession by tomorrow.

Your Question:

Response: Yes.

You may consider retaining the services of a local consumer Attorney to send a demand letter to Honda and if necessary file lawsuit against Honda. Most consumer Attorneys would take a case on contingent fee basis. This means that the Attorneys may not charge upfront for their fees and would only get paid if they win the cases for the consumers. Even then most Courts award Attorney fees to prevailing consumers. So, you may not have to pay out of pocket to obtain a consumer Attorney to sue Honda to force the company to take back the car for the airbag issues and refund your purchase price.

You can use the following sites to find local consumer Attorneys:

Consumeradvocates.org

justia.com

lawyers.com

findlaw.com

If you do not have any follow-up question(s), kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.