Barrister, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney,16 years experience in consumer protection areas
19958803

If you buy a new or used car in va is true, even if you sign

Customer Question

If you buy a new or used car in va is true, even if you sign a paper saying you can't change your mind the next day is this true. I bought a Cadillac and it appears they had some cheaper on the lot or I asked for a certified car also but I think they rushed me through the deal and didn't check. Now I have a few questions or concerns but I believe the credit person said I couldn't change my mind once I purchased the car
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Barrister replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney whowill try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone whocan. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

If you are asking if you can cancel the contract because you changed your mind or found a better deal, then unfortunately the answer is no unless there is a "right of rescission" in the contract itself.

.

Without one, the contract is legally binding the instant that you sign it.

.

I hate to say it, but the time to shop around is before you sign the contract, not after.

.

I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience,even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy...

.

.

thanks