Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.

I had insurance on my truck and thought i did on my

Customer Question

I had insurance on my truck and thought i did on my motorcycle but didnt. I was in an accident on my motorcycle where noone else was involved i served the 3 month registration suspension on my motorcycle and was able to have it back. Three years later i was pulled over and was told my liscence was suspended for no insurance. Why is it just now bein brought to attention and why is my liscence suspended when i served my registration suspension
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello: This is Attorney Phillips. Welcome to Justanswer! I will be assisting you today with your post.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties. However, I need additional information.

Could explain a little more?

What did you mean by you "served my registration suspension?"

Thank you for your cooperation,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I handed in my plate and registration for 3 months and they sent me a paper sayin i could restore them both. I was never sent anything sayin my liscence was suspended.

Thank you for the information.

There is definitely a mix-up here. I am not sure why you never received any notice of license suspension.

I will suggest that you visit your local DMV's office to get this matter straightened out. Make sure to bring with you the letter that was sent to you regarding your plate and registration and informing you that you could restore both and you did. Bring those documents with you so that they would confirm what you are saying. Calling on the phone about this matter is not recommended. You need go in person to get this resolved.

Best wishes,

If you do not have any follow-up question(s), kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.