Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

My wife and I went on a cruise with Holland America Line

Customer Question

My wife and I went on a cruise with Holland America Line ship and was promised an upgrade from interior cabin to outer cabin with veranda. The so called upgrade was not to our liking due to the so called veranda actually had winch and boom mechanism for lowering and lifting an attached life boat. Plus the veranda glass slider was not openable at all. This resulted in inadequate light and ventilation. I complained and was assured of a cabin replacement, which was not forthcoming at all. So we endured this all through the cruise. I complained to Corporate Headquarter and was offered $200 each credit for future cruise, but limited for only about one year. I retorted that it was not enough to cover the suffering we had for the entire cruise of 12 days. Response was that is all remedy available.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do you have a legal question about the situation you have described that I can answer for you?