LegalGems, Lawyer
Experience:  Research Attorney; Private Practice; Attorney Mentor; Mediator

I had Defense Lawyers esign a contact and received the

Customer Question

I had Defense Lawyers esign a contact and received the origials for signatures and notary. I,m not sure they are legit and my husband refuses to sign the hard copy. Can I stop this contract with them only having an email signature?
JA: What state are you in? And is a local attorney or other consumer protection advocate helping with this?
Customer: I live in Arizona, they are locted in Boca Raton, Florida
JA: Do you have a copy of the warranty or receipt?
Customer: Do you mean the list of breakdown of charges and their fee?
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just want out of this, It just don't feel legit, I,m calling my bank so that they can't take anymore payments out. Also, their are a few things included that has to be filled out. Like a voided check showing our account number, and they want a Monthly expenses report. None of that was mentioned when they ere soliciting me.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  LegalGems replied 2 months ago.

What was the attorney hired for? Is this for a retainer with the attorney? Are they licensed in Arizona?

Were you able to review the above?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I mean no disrespect but, this is a racket. I had to pay one charge,then an answer, now for a personal phone call. Never mind, I will get an answer on my own. Thank You

That personal call consultation was not set up by me. I am not currently set up to handle phone calls. If you would like to continue on this page I would be happy to help you.