Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of proefessional experience

Can a car dealership claim to have made a mistake after

Customer Question

Can a car dealership claim to have made a mistake after having already initialed an agreement?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

Here is the AZ law that governs your issue:

"A mistake of only one of the parties to a contract in the expression of his agreement or as to the subject matter does not affect its binding force and ordinarily affords no ground for its avoidance, or for relief, even in equity." Nationwide Resources Corp. v. Massabni, 134 Ariz. 557, 564-65, 658 P.2d 210, 217-18 (App. 1982). A party will be relieved from an agreement based on unilateral mistake only if the other party knew of and unfairly took advantage of the other party's error. Georgia-Pacific Corp. v. Levitz, 149 Ariz. 120, 122, 716 P.2d 1057, 1059 (App. 1986).

Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me. Thank you for using Just Answer.