Maverick
Maverick, Lawyer
Experience:  20 years of proefessional experience
16823287

How about a lawyer who specializes in leases of solar power.

Customer Question

How about a lawyer who specializes in leases of solar power. The contract was sent to the wrong person. The solar was installed without knowledge of the entire lease
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

Welcome! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 3 months ago.

Under the California's Home Solicitation Sales Act, you are permitted to cancel the transaction within three business days after signing the contract. To cancel, you need only give the seller a written statement [by mail or fax or e-mail, etc.] stating your intent not to be bound by the contract. Since this seller did not comply with certain notice requirements, the cancellation period begins when the seller does/has complied.

If, after cancellation, they still do not come out and remove the solar panels, then you may sue for a declaratory judgment action and obtain a court order requiring removal at no charge to you.

Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me. Thank you.