Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I am an and paid a motorcycle mechanic upfront for both

Customer Question

I am an idiot and paid a motorcycle mechanic upfront for both labor and parts after receiving his estimate for repairs. After that he tried to talk me into using his friend to do body work on my bike but when the mechanic offered to "throw in " a mustang gas tank and new fender my red light started going off. I told him I wanted to only worry about getting bike mechanically right.
Now he's trying to tell me I need additional parts and repairs. One of which was a new battery which has o ly started the bike twice.. it WAS new. . I asked him why this wasn't on original estimate ? He gave no real answer and now tells me the bike will be done when it's done. Is there anything I can do? I've paid this man 2400.00.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 3 months ago.

Hello, please dont feel bad about it you have some options!

You agreed on a price for work and this work needs to be done fully without seeking more money from you and without the work not being of good quality. If he misled you, then you may demand he complete the work or return your money. You may threaten complaint to the attorney general, as well as licensing board, and small claims court - all of which should trigger in him to reconsider and leave you satisfied!

Kindly rate me 5 stars.

Have a wonderful week.