N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  since 1983

I have ptsd. N I made my disability very clear when trusting

Customer Question

I have ptsd. N I made my disability very clear when trusting the car salesman. I also stress greatly that I'm not singing one to have to have to resign They took advantage of me by upselling me with a price $10,000 over blue book price . They then signed cash under finance co . They high pressured the sale and blamed my credit being the only deal I could get. Telling me I can refinance later on. Knowing no one would refinance in such a negative balance .The sent me a new contract with higher rate and payments thru a very questionable company.explaining the best they could find. Can I just return the vehicle and cancel the original contract ? All they care about right now is a buncH of my personal life . They gave me a high amount for my trade in n can't find a buyer for it ! Can I just get just void the original contract ?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

"A dealer may let you take the car before financing is approved, a method often referred to as “spot-delivery.” Beware, if the dealer cannot get the financing approved on the agreed upon terms, they may ask you to re-sign the contract for a higher rate or longer term. Arizona law provides that you may reject the change in terms and the dealership must return your trade-in to you. It may not be made clear why the dealer needs you to “re-sign” documents. Pay close attention to any change in the contract or financing terms. Arizona’s spot-delivery law may be found at A.R.S. § 44-1371"

If the dealer refuses to obey the spot delivery law, you can get a free consultation from some of the consumer protection attorneys listed by location here.

I hope this information is helpful.