Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years experience in general legal matters.

I had work done on my 1966 BMW 2000cs. According to the BMW

Customer Question

Hello. I had work done on my 1966 BMW 2000cs . According to the BMW registerie there are on 3 my color and year The work that was done was shoddy when the car was being delivered to me the car broke loose from the flow truck because the drive improperly secured it. The front of the car was wrecked and the body shop repaired it again the work was poorly done. The shop had the car almost two years and it came back with runs doors out of alignment and the engine compartment was poorly painted debris in the paint and primer showing. My biggest issue is the car was painted with the wrong paint my car is a 1966 BMW the color is chaminox they painted my car with a 2014-2013 Porsche color , close but the wrong color . I feel my car has been has been devaluated do I have a case
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

Good morning. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

You definitely have a case. They are required to perform the work in a professional workmanlike manner.

The failure to paint the car int he correct color and do other repairs competently would entitle you to be compensated for your damages, including loss of value and the cost of additional repairs.

If you can prove fraud then you could be entitled to attorney fees and money damages.

In addition to the civil remedies, you can put some additional pressure on the shop by making a consumer complaint to the state attorney general's office. They will investigate and take action, if deemed appropriate.