Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

I haven been scam by this guy name is Bill. my email is. i

Customer Question

i haven been scam by this guy name is***** my email is***@******.***. i was selling my car on orlando craight list for 2500.00. i send 3 different moneygram order of 120.00, 260.00 and 550.00 in the past 2 days to a a Brian D. Bartolomie at 1309 E garrison blvd North Carolina Zip code 28054. I thought i was dealing through the service of pay pal. I created a pay pal accout jbarreto869 and on Agust 4 2016, 1034 am forward that to bill parker ***@******.***. who told me that i needed to send the shipper fee to mr. bartolomie and i would be credit the amount back to my pay pal account when the transaction goes through. i am upset and i hope you could help me with this matter i have all the email and the phone number(###) ###-####that we keep texting back and forth in the past 2 days. My name is*****
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  KnowYourRights replied 2 months ago.

Good evening. I am sorry to hear about what you are going through. Paypal should offer you some protection from the scam. Moreover, your credit card company or bank, can hold the charge and please a freeze on it as well, since you used it to pay via paypal. In addition, you must contact the police and file a report, along with craigslist. You want to give the police this persons name and phone number and they can start an investigation and will likely act as you, to find out more information from this person.