Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

My question is this: I sold a person points for a roundtrip

Customer Question

My question is this: I sold a person points for a roundtrip to San Francisco. He flew out there on the points. On the way back Southwest had a computer glich. He had to obtain another way home. Southwest has since reimbursed him for his expenses for flying home. They have also credited back my account for the points. Since he has completed his trip he still wants the points purchased from me. I dont think he is entitled to the points
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 2 months ago.

No basis for the points. He got the equivalent - the travel. To give him the points too would be a windal, and unjust additional compensation. No basis to his point. He is merely being greedy without cause.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My follow up to this is: He claims the inconvenience made him stay in a hotel for another night and he incurred cost for the taxi, meals and night at the hotel. I still say that's not my fault and I shouldn't be responsible for that either

You are exactly right. You did not cause the issue and he received what he expected, r/t travel The rest was not caused by you and is not a breach by you. Practically, you could offer him a small credit, but no requirement to do so.

Best of luck. enjoy the weekend. Kindly rate me positively.

thank you in advance.