Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience

I leased a new car after totaling mine in March this year. I

Customer Question

I leased a new car after totaling mine in March this year. I had a set criteria (Safety, Navigation and a Auto trunk lift) for the new vehicle which the salesman told me the car had. He said to come back and he would help me set up the Sync and the tail lift. I couldn't get back initially as I was sick and back in hospital. I tried to figure out the items myself and got everything except the auto trunk lift, I went back to the dealership and was told that in this model the trunk only unlocks and does not lift. I spoke with both the Salesman and his manager and while they there sympathetic had no options for me other than me to pay an additional $6000.00 and have car payment of over $700 a month. The salesman could remember everything we talked about except me requesting the auto trunk lift and said "I am not calling you a liar" but that's exactly what he was doing. The accident has left me with severe weakness and I physically cannot lift or pull the trunk closed. Can you suggest anything??
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 2 months ago.
I'm very sorry to hear about your situation. I hope you are feeling better. You could file a claim in small claims court saying they engaged in fraud and thus induced you into the contract. This might force their hand and get them to either install the lift or possibly exchange vehicles. Other than that. You will have a tough time because you were probably given an opportunity to inspect the vehicle when you purchased