Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

I received a motion for summary judgement from a lawyer

Customer Question

I received a motion for summary judgement from a lawyer representing Discover card. I have attempted to settle this debt but this lawyer will not work with me. First of all I had payment protection insurance . I had a catastrophic retina detachment and could not work for 3 months I went back to work for 3 weeks and it happened again went back to work for a month the other eye detached and developed a rare disease. I sent the physician 's statement they paid for one month although I was not allowed to work for almost a year and the contract said it would pay for up to a year. The whole time they were adding the cost of the insurance and interest to the total. I quit charging anything on this card in 2012 when I had the first detachment. Also I was told we had a 3 year statute of limitation on debt in Ms. What are my options.
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Mississippi
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet I really can't afford one
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I just wondered about a way to proceed
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  KnowYourRights replied 2 months ago.

Good morning. Did you defend this lawsuit? Did you raise any defenses? What is the attorney seeking at this time, on behalf of Discover?