Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

We bought a sun room addition and were quoted a monthly

Customer Question

We bought a sun room addition and were quoted a monthly payment of about 150 to 160. Now, they want us to pay 215.54 a month, saying they started a promotion in January 2016 when we were approved for credit; however, we did not accept the proposition at that time because they wanted payment of over $300. We said "no thank you" and that was that. The home builders again contacted us and said they could trim the cost down, this was about 6 weeks later, and would we still be interested. We said okay, we could discuss it. That is when we put down $2000, and that is when they told us our payment would be 150 to 160.
We are now in a dispute, they, meaning the credit company, have no signed agreement with us. The builders who are trying to help us, took off $3400 to get the cost down, but the credit company won't budge. What can we do? If they would have quoted us that price, we would have again refused. We cannot afford this payment.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

Welcome! My name is Maverick. Please give me a few minutes to analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 4 months ago.

Help me understand a few things better:

1. If you have no signed agreement with this credit company, then why can't you just find another lender?

2. Do you have a signed agreement with the builder?

3. Does that agreement have an exit clause if there is no credit approval?

4. Do you think it would be helpful to have a phone call on this?