Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

I am trying to help put an employee that got taken buy a Buy

Customer Question

I am trying to help put an employee that got taken buy a Buy here Pay here used car lot . They sold him an as is van that is to dangerous for the road. Sorry to say the van was purchased before it was checked out by a mechanic. Can anything be done
JA: What state is this in? And how old is the car?
Customer: Also the contract has many mistakes on it.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: This is in Colorado and the van is a 2003. No have not talk to a lawyer . Were trying to find help
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: The dealership said they would take the van back. They will not give the Down payment back
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

When was this used vehicle sold?

Was the vehicle sold with any type of written warranty?

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.

I cannot comment on your specific case, but generally, the landlord / management would send the debt to the collection agency and the debt would be reported to the credit bureaus and in most cases a lawsuit would be filed and a judgment obtained against both tenants.

Once a court judgment is obtained, the judgment creditor will be able to enforce judgment and to collect on the judgment by seizing debtors' property, garnishing wages, placing liens on any real estate property owned by the judgment debtors, etc...

So generally, it is better to come to some type of an agreement with the landlord and in some cases the landlord might agree to a reduced early termination cancellation fee amount.

I wish you the best of luck!