Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

I'm in a bad loan from cresant bank I signed up for a loan

Customer Question

I'm in a bad loan from cresant bank I signed up for a loan at 17.5 my payments show 40 percent or more iborrowed 18.600 payed on it for a year and I still owe 17.047 I have never missed a payment what are my rights and what should I do?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
For starters, you need to have a local consumer protection attorney do a loan audit. If you signed up for 17.5% interest then they cannot charge you 40% and if they are doing so, then they are in breach of contract and committing an unfair and deceptive business practice and you can sue them for this breach. So, get the loan audit done first, because you will need that in order to sue them for breach of contract.