Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience

I graduated from Le Cordon Bleu last year with a Associate

Customer Question

I graduated from Le Cordon Bleu last year with a Associate degree and they are now closing all campuses in the United States. My intention was to continue studying at Le Cordon Blue online to acquire my bachelor's degree, yet they do not offer this program because of school closing. I feel like my 2 years at Le Cordon Blue was a complete waste of time and money. Please contact me if I have a case against them. Thank you,
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 2 months ago.

I am really sorry to hear about your situation. It is hard to say that you have a case if they simply went out of business due to lack of funds but if they went out of business due to being closed down by the government for example then you might have a claim, however, if they are closed down there may not be any funds to go after even if you prevailed in the lawsuit.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Their base is in Paris and they still operate in many other countries, they closed here in the states. There has to be money to go after. Besides, I took about $25000 in government's student loans. I'm looking for a lawyer that would go over the details and take the case.

Our site is more informational. Many of these types of universities have been sued successfully like University of Phoenix so you may have a good claim here as they seem to market to students and then entrap them with false programs or nontransferrable credits. I would suggest consulting with a local attorney about pursuing a claim and at the very least trying to get some sort of settlement.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok thanks, ***** ***** hoping to be introduced to a lawyer to persue my case here.

I wish we could. If you need a referral, contact your state or local bar association. They keep lists of the top attorneys in each practice area.