Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.

On Friday (7/30/16-arrox 6 p.m+ Arizona time, I signed a

Customer Question

On Friday (7/30/16-arrox 6 p.m+ Arizona time, I signed a windshield repair paper issued by West Coast Windshield of Flagstaff, AZ. I was not at my home, but at my friend's home when the door-door sales persons saw my vehicle had pits on my windshield (according to them bad enough to replace the entire windshield. Since I have windshield coverage, I provided my name, address, phone no, Insurance Co, but no policy on. When his contact was on the phone, she asked again for my policy no. which I did not provide. She told her salesman it was too late today, the Ins Co was closed, Monday she would contact me. I said not until after 1 PM AZ time would I be available. Since that incident, I was nervous and check them out on the internet. I do not wish to do business with them at all since this name of West Coast Windshield appears to be the latest company name of four names at the same address which on google is a house not a store front.
Today (Sunday) I called my insurance co to see if they could flag my account so no one would approve any payment to them and I was told my Insurance Co would have to be on the phone with me (as well as with their representative) before any payment arrangements could be made with my consent at that time. That gave me some relief!
However, do I qualify under the "72 hour ruling" for changing my mind, which I believe would be up at midnight Wednesday evening? Please let me know how I stand on this and what do I need to do? In the small print on the "estimate invoice" provided by them I could not locate any instructions for cancelling. There is not any $ amount indicated on the invoice either except on the deductible line is written zero (0). My vin # was listed on the estimate invoice also.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
You are correct, if this was a door to door solicitation and you did not contact them to come out to make repairs, you are protected by the 3 day right to rescission. You need to contact them by phone and if you can find an email and inform them you cancel. It is not up Wednesday, it is up Monday generally You need to contact them Monday and cancel and if they give you any difficulty, you need to inform them that as their contract does not comply with the AZ law giving you the notice to cancel they are the one in violation and you will report them to the AZ attorney general if they do not cancel the contract.