Marsha411JD, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed Attorney with 29 yrs exp with Consumer Law issues

With purchase of certified pre-owned vehicle, is dealership

Customer Question

with purchase of certified pre-owned vehicle, is dealership required to provide buyer with two switch-lock cylinder key sets?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Marsha411JD replied 2 months ago.

There is nothing in the law that would require two key sets under these circumstances, however, if you have a contract or bill of sale that guarantees two sets, then that would be enforceable against the dealership. If there is something in one of those documents that does promise this, then if the dealership doesn't deliver, you could either file a consumer complaint with the State or file a small claims court suit for the value you have to pay to buy a set.

Please feel free to ask for clarification if needed. If none is needed, then if you could take a moment to leave a positive rating in the box above, I will receive credit for assisting you today. Thank you

Hello again,

I wanted to touch base with you and make sure that you did not have any follow up questions for me from the answer I provided to you on the 29th. For some reason, the Experts are not always getting replies, or ratings (at the top of the question/answer page you are viewing or in the pop up box for this question), which is how we get credit(paid by the Site) for our work, that the customer thinks have gone through. In your case I received neither.

Please keep in mind that I cannot control the law or your circumstances, and am ethically bound to provide you with accurate information based on the facts you give me even if the news is not good. If you are having technical difficulties with reading, replying or rating,please let me know so that I can inform the Site administrator.Please note that Site use works best while using a computer and using either Google Chrome or Firefox.

In any event, it was a pleasure assisting you and I would be glad to attempt to assist you further on this issue, or a new legal issue,if needed. You can bookmark my page at:

Thank you.