Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

I contracted for an air conditioner to be installed. I was

Customer Question

I contracted for an air conditioner to be installed. I was told by the sales person that it would be zero down and zero due for 18months. He confirmed with his boss over speaker phone that would be the deal. I was to have the unit installed on Monday the 25th. They called on Friday the 22 to set up for payment. I told them there wasn't to be any payment. If that was the case then I want to cancel. The sales man told me I had until the 25th to cancel and just him a call he would come over and tear up the contact. He din't answer my call. They said it would be a fee of 25% to cancel. That would be $3,500. When I call them I have gotten nothing but run around, out of office, in meeting, on another line will call me back and I am getting no response. What options due I have this point?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 2 months ago.

Good day. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Did you sign anything showing the terms of the agreement or the 25% cancellation fee?