Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

Consumer law - i am getting sued by a creditor after working

Customer Question

consumer law - i am getting sued by a creditor after working with a debt settlement company
i need advice on what to do
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is Maverick. (Here) is my profile. Please give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Maverick replied 7 months ago.

*Can you please give us more background information so we can better assist you?

*Can you please state your specific legal question so we know what type of answer you are looking for?

*What have you tried on this front so far?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have paid approx $8k to debt settlement company. they have resolved none of my debts with creditors.
i am now being sued by discover for the amount owed plus their legal fees. the case has not gone to hearing nor does it appear i have a lawyer for the case.
i am trying to decide if i should hire a lawyer or resolve all of my debts via settlement on my own or go on a payment plan.
i am trying to decide whether i should continue to pay the settlement company because if i lapse on even one payment they will keep all my money and void the contract.
i was told not to talk to my creditors and have not made any payments in over a year.
i do not want to file bankruptcy and am looking for the next best steps for my situation so that i may start the road to credit recovery.
Expert:  Maverick replied 7 months ago.

You may want to read this link and then opt for a phone call so we can talk about what to do next. I will send you an offer of services.