Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

I purchased a certified used car from, Shhonkirk Auto, in

Customer Question

I purchased a certified used car from, Shhonkirk Auto, in West Burliington IA. When I bought the car it had a carfax report. Recently I brought the car in ,for repairs, to a different dealer. In getting an estimate, for the work I needed done I was told a head gasket part had to be replaced, per the Mercury company. If I had been told this prior to buying the car I would have had it fixed, at Mercury's cost. Now I am over the mialage, on the warrenty, and am being told I will have to pay, for the repair work.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** *****

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

I am sorry to hear about this unfortunate situation.

Do you have any proof that the gasket was defective while the vehicle was in warranty and the dealer failed to disclose the repair or to diagnose the repair while the car was in warranty?