Asad Rahman
Asad Rahman, Lawyer
Experience:  Practicing Attorney with 10 years experience

I purchased a vechile thru Santander. My vechile was totaled

Customer Question

I purchased a vechile thru Santander . My vechile was totaled 2.5 yrs into a 6 yr loan. I had purchased GAP insurance and the vechile had a service agreement. The insurance company paid 13,000 and the GAP insurance paid 17,000. Santander is claiming there were fees and the balance of the life time of the loan is still owed. The service agreement was canceled 3 days after the wreck. They have refused to send details of fees owed and are tacking on daily expense of fees mot paid. They have stated I need to pay the car payment as if I still had the vechile until the 6600 balance is paid. It was a 2014 Ford Fusion. How do i go aboutprotecting my self and my credit.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry for all the trouble. You have a couple of options. You may want to hire a lawyer who can send a demand asking for an accounting of the debt. Alternatively, you can file a claim in court most probably small claims court to have the court address it.