AttyHeather
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years law practice experience
93913325

In California. Recently I travelled from US to India Via

Customer Question

Hi Pearl, I am Ajay Working in California. Recently I travelled from US to India Via HKG, I booked ticket through one Agent, I requested tickets for specific dates and schedule as i wanted layover in HKG while returning.
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: issue here happens is , the itinerary he shared as confirmed with me was different than actual flight Itinerary, when i tried to check in in HKG i came to know that my Flight already left at 2:30 and in iteranary shared with me by agent was at 6:30 PM.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet, wanted to check before initiating anytihng
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: yeah, When my Agent sent Iteranary , Airline also sent me tickets, those were correct and it had different internary, here i just followed iteranary shared with me by my Agent ..
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Heather, an attorney with 15 years experience and I'd be glad to assist for informational purposes.

Many times, when you travel on airlines, you have to sign terms and conditions. Often times, your signature is signed electronically. The terms and conditions often state that the airline can change the times at their sole and exclusive discretion. If that is what happened, and if you have signed the usual waiver, you might not have alot of recourse.

If you didn't sign the waiver, and what you were provided was different than what you contracted to purchase, then you could sue for breach of contract.

Has that answered your question?

Hi, I see that you have viewed my response but not stated if I answered your question. Please reply and state if I have answered your question, or if you have followup questions, you can go ahead and ask them. If not, kindly give me a positive rating. Thank you.