KnowYourRights
KnowYourRights, Lawyer
Experience:  Experience protecting consumers against unfair, deceptive, or fraudulent advertising, marketing and financial practices.
9540344

I live in Georgia I signed a time share contract vacations

Customer Question

I live in Georgia I signed a time share contract for blue green vacations in Orlando Florida on 7/20/16 at 5 pm can I still cancel this contract and how long do I have
JA: Have you thoroughly reviewed the contract?
Customer: No yet we left for a cruise the same day just getting back
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: We haven't yet
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: We're going to read the contact her shortly when we leave the ship
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  KnowYourRights replied 10 months ago.

Good morning. Yes, you can.

In Florida, if you buy a timeshare, you can cancel the timeshare contract up until midnight of the 10th calendar day following:

• the date you signed the contract, or
  • the day on which you received the last of all required documents, whichever occurs later (Fla. Stat. Ann. § 721.10 (1)).

This right of cancellation may not be waived.

If you want to cancel the purchase contract, you must notify the seller in writing. If you do this, the timeshare company must refund to you the total amount of payments, reduced by the value of any benefits received, within:

• 20 days after it receives your notice of cancellation, or
  • within five days after it receives the funds from your cleared check, whichever is later. (Fla. Stat. Ann. § 721.10 (3)).

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I also found out after the fact they applied me for a credit card for the down payment without my consent.
We discussed the down payment prior and there sales person told us there would not be any down payment, when they brought us back to the signing room is when we were shown a recite for this credit card.
You can dispute it and go after then for fraud if you wanted to and not being authorized to run your credit and apply
They would have to void and refund the charge

Expert:  KnowYourRights replied 9 months ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!