Loren, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years experience in general legal matters.
17897874

Tina my insurance company is giving me the run around that

Customer Question

Hi tina my insurance company is giving me the run around that they are not responsible for replacing my transmission on my car that 14000 miles and i have full coverage even though the dealers told them that the accident when i drove my car on the curb caused it. The insurance company want to fix around the transmission but dont want to fix the car.what are my opinion im exhausted
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Good evening. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

All policies contain a provision with instruction to appeal a denial of claim. Follow the instructions to the letter. Missing a deadline or sending the wrong notice may prejudice your right to appeal. The appeal will kick up the review to the next level.

If the appeal is denied you can sue the insurance company. If you can prove that they are acting in bad faith then you may be awarded punitive damages and attorney fees.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
They are both insurance company and dealer are fighting as to who is to fix my car that have full warranty and has full coverage..i need help and fast
Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

The warranty would not cover a casualty loss. So, you will need to decide if it is a warranty issue or a casualty loss.

If it is a casualty loss then you need to appeal the denial in accordance with terms of the policy.

Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Justin that's my problem i speak medicine i need professional help at this point understanding automobile.i need a lawyer..can you recommend some one in the maryland area for me.im a trauma nurse i help people for a living actually sabe lives.how can an insurance company fix around a obvious problem when i pay my money every month..i need legal help asap
Expert:  Loren replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for following up with me. It is easy to get lost in all the appeal procedures in the policy. So, local counsel is a good idea.

If you need assistance finding local counsel try Martindale Hubble (site rules prohibit us from referring specific attorneys) . Many attorneys themselves use this site to locate attorneys outside their jurisdiction or expertise:

http://www.martindale.com/Find-Lawyers-and-Law-Firms.aspx

It is a huge worldwide database searchable by location and specialty. The attorneys are all peer rated. So, they represent the top of the profession.

Good luck. I hope it works out ok for you.