Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

Purchasing a vehicle from a dealer in TX who does not have a

Customer Question

Purchasing a vehicle from a dealer in TX who does not have a lien in hand BUT is promising that he will get one for me in 1 to 2 months.
I know its risky but could I have him sign a guarantee that " Dealer will satisfy any past liens at no cost to me and that is excluded from any AS-IS clause of the vehicle sale".
If you could provide me with a legal document that I could have him signed and de-risk myself.
Rj Saini
+1(###) ###-####
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 3 months ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. What do you mean by

Purchasing a vehicle from a dealer in TX who does not have a lien in hand

What does that mean?? You want to purchase a rig from someone that does not have a lien on the rig?