Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Lawyer
Experience:  18+ years of NYS litigation experience.

I ordered in the website called and at

Customer Question

I ordered in the website called and at first it started with the price range of $13 then for the shipping fee plus taxes it cost 24 used until it reached to 37+USD. By that time the currency is $1=37 or 38 Philippine Peso.
It says that it may take to 3-4 days for the shipping process (via DHL) but it turned out for like 5-6 days before it was delivered.
When it came here. The DHL messenger gave me a worried look and so as the look of being frustrated.
Then he asked me if I know anything about the custom declaration and taxes that I'll be paying for. And I was like "excuse me?" And then he said that I have to pay for $34 for the custom charges here in PH plus the tax. Because he told me that I only paid for the shipping fee and for the product itself in USA website. It almost reached to more than 71USD for the amount that I paid and I tried reaching out for the website everyday to ask for customer support and queries. They keep on putting that my questions have been resolved even if they didn't respond to any of it. I don't know what to do. Specially when I realize that US dollars dropped to 17/18pesos.
How am I able to return the thing that I ordered and refund? I didn't get the thing that I ordered correctly and I found out that it was imported from China(Shenzhen). I bought it originally in states to be safe but now I'm so confused. Could anyone please help me?
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 months ago.

Unfortunately, when you order online from another country, you not only pay the tax on the purchase that country requires, but you must still satisfy your own government's requirements. That means paying a duty to import your purchase as well as VAT to your government. You can see what is required of you here.

Did you pay for this item using your credit card? If it is not what you ordered, you can complain to your card carrier and get yourself a chargeback.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi,I never had any problem whenever I order something in eBay or Amazon and this was my first. I honestly didn't know about the hidden charges because on the statement given on their website when I'm processing it. They already conducted the exact price that I'm giving.I do understand the point of where I must satisfy my own gov requirements since it was a protocol but I didn't know that they would press hidden charges for that. And knowing that dollars have been decreased recently is a no Bueno.I paid my item using a debit card MasterCard from BDO (Banco De Oro).And how could I complain to my card carier if the owner of the website that I first purchased recently doesn't even give me any response to any of my questions and they keep on pressing that it is already resolved?
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 months ago.

Your agreement with this company has nothing to do with your agreement with your card carrier. People use charge cards to begin with to get buyer protection.

You have said you didn't get what you bargained for but a Chinese knockoff. You can ask for a chargeback on those grounds and dispute the fee you were charged. Your card carrier will investigate and could find in your favor. If they can't reach the company either, that's helpful to you.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.