Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

My flight was from West Palm Beach to Minneapolis with a

Customer Question

My flight was from West Palm Beach to Minneapolis with a lay-over in Chicago. In Chicago, the flight was cancelled. There was another flight within the hour going to same location but was booked. I was offered nothing. I told them to get my luggage. They said no problem, made we wait for 4 hours and then said it went up with the other flight. I had no choice but to rent a car and drive to Minneapolis. Occurred all these extra expenses. Went online and American Airlines would not compensate me for anything. I would have had no issue if I had my luggage but could not wait until next day to get out and had to rent car. Can i sue in small claims court.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 6 months ago.

Yes, you can file lawsuit against the Airlines in Small Claims Court if the Airlines has refused to properly compensate you for all your troubles. You can obtain complaint forms at your local Courthouse in the Clerk's office.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.