MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

I bought a refrigerator March 2015, by June of 2015 I wanted

Customer Question

I bought a refrigerator March 2015, by June of 2015 I wanted them to fix it or take it back. The ice maker never worked properly. And the water in the system wasn't ever very cold. So now it is July and it is completely broken. Compressor is broken. They want $2,162 to fix it. I paid $2,670. I'm a senior and I'm retired and this unexpected expense is killing me. I bought it from Sears and it is a Kenmore Elite made by Sansome. I don't know what to do. I did go to Home Depot and bought a new fridge last night.
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: I'm in California
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No this just happened.
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: The warranty says it is covered for 5 years. But I would have to pay for the service. And they would pay for parts. But the repair man quoted me for everything. I'm going to Sears today and talk to them.
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 4 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Could you please clarify your question for me so I can better assist you? Thank you.

In order to do this, you would need to get the property appraised so that you know how much it is currently worth. Have them agree to pay you a third of that. Then you can set up a sale of your interest to them for that amount and they will then each be 1/2 owners of the property.

Essentially, they would each pay you half of what your 1/3 is worth and in exchange you would deed to both of them your 1/3 interest which would make them each 1/2 owners.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Well a broken refrigerator who needs $2,000 to fix it isn't worth much.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I bought a refrigerator from Sears at a cost of $$2,670 March 2015. By June the ice maker wasn't working properly and the seal broke on the freezer. I had to replace it. The company ignored my talking about the ice maker. Like oh that is what it makes. Well 20 ice cubes a day wasn't enough fo my family. I had to start making my own ice with trays. The end of June it started making noises. Well now it is still partly running but barely.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
You have been no help and now I spent more money. What am I money bags.

I was away from the computer, but I am still here.

Have you tried contacting the Sears corporate offices to file a formal complaint?

Also, have you tried contacting Samsung directly?