Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.

I bought a 2002 BMW used car from a probated party. I paid

Customer Question

I bought a 2002 BMW used car from a probated party. I paid cash upfront on Tuesday(8 days ago). Yesterday(Tuesday) the car started going bad on me. Eventually I had it towed to a car repair workshop where they told me I had multiple issues. The car had a bad engine mount that lead to the fan of the car breaking the radiator shroud. Further, the coolant leaked out from multiple places and so did the engine oil.
The repair workshop told me that the engine is done and their is no way to fix up the car without replacing the whole engine with another used engine.
I haven't contacted the person from whom I bought it yet as I wanted some legal advice and consultation to know what to tell the person and I wanted a lawyer to take up my case.
I have his current insurance and title and other documents with me. I know his address.
Besides that I have texts from him that say that the car has been serviced and all maintenance has been done. He claimed there are no issues with the car. Besides that he admitted after the sale upon being asked that he got a "transmission failsafe prog" warning once earlier. I got it a day prior, and the car was stuck in just 3rd gear. All the things happened in less than a day and instead of my meeting with the dealership next day, I had to get the car towed there in the evening.
I feel ripped off, and want to see what are my options.
This happened in Arizona(Phoenix). I don't know any lawyers here that would be able to help me, hence I would like to get in touch with a lawyer that can help me and consult me before I proceed with this.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 3 months ago.
There is clearly a breach here.
You have a few options. Let me outline them. You can pursue a complaint in civil court. You may sue for losses suffered plus costs and interest. You can also file a complaint with the attorney general office. You can threaten these options before pursuing and use for leverage. local counsel can also get involved!
Often a lawyer threatening letter will lead to settlement. and are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options. I wish you the best. I trust the answer has been helpful. kindly let me know.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I tried contacting the few lawyers, but I needed specific contact for lawyer since I don't know what sort of case this is. The lemon lawyers said that this doesn't fall under what they deal with. So using the lawyer search portals has been futile. I am not fully content with your reply unless I am supplied with what I had desired.
You want a consumer protection lawyer. The 2 sites I provided are highly rated, used by lawyers and let you find excellent options locally!
A solo consumer lawyer is more inclined to take the case and offer cheaper rates than larger consumer firms.
Site rules just don't permit us to recommend a specific lawyer. I hope you understand.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
You have me two options, a complaint in civil court and a complaint in attorney general office. I don't know which one is optimal for this. Also, do I need a lawyer in both cases? I was really satisfied with my purchase thinking I had made a good deal till I realised that I was in fact in this shit show being fooled really well. When I enquirer the seller about the issue of the transmission he tried dusting it off saying it can be solved by taking to any shop and they would remove the warning for 0$. 1. Seriously, who would wanna do it free unless they were a friend or something? 2. Even having that done, is dodging the car's computer sensors, and would not solve the original issue of the car deciding to stay stuck in 3rd gear; in which case the car transmission was bad, and the seller knew of it, and decided to claim that that it was trouble free until he had sold it to me already. I tried being friendly to him so I could have as much information avoiding any disasters. But one fell way too soon my way.
Consider a consumer solo lawyer working on commission basis. That way you don't have a down side or costs and you both share in the upside motivated to resolved quickly and for maximum recovery! I tried to expedite your question. kindly click on a rating of OK or higher for the answer.

thank you in advance.

Tried to expedite for you. Please click on a good or excellent rating, and welcome to follow up after rating!