Infolawyer, Lawyer
Experience:  Licensed attorney helping individuals and businesses.
11313492

I called a HVAC company to install a mini split. Technician

Customer Question

I called a HVAC company to install a mini split. Technician came out and said he could do it cheaper on his own. This was Oct. 2015. We signed contract for one year labor and parts. It has never worked. He has come out more than 5 times and now he won't answer his phone or text. I am sending certified letter to his address addressing the issue and explain he needs to fix it. What else should I say in letter and at what point can I have someone else fix it and have him pay for it.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Infolawyer replied 4 months ago.

You may immediately demand a full refund or seek to have company cover all out of pocket costs you incur in having it fixed. They are in material breach. You need not wait any further. You may give them a deadline and demand they cover all such costs or you will pursue a complaint with the BBB, attorney general office and dept of consumer affairs.

Kindly rate me good or excellent.

thank you in advance.