MIAMILAW1127
MIAMILAW1127, Lawyer
Experience:  Founding Partner at Moises Law, P.A.
89829185

Can a assisted living facility charge a patient an

Customer Question

Can a assisted living facility charge a patient an administrative fee if the patient wants to use the pharmacy on their choice (freedom of choice) to provide their medication to them. This would be a non-preferred pharmacy which does not have a contract with the assisted living facility
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  MIAMILAW1127 replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Thank you for contacting me. I am a consultant here and I am looking forward to assisting you with your question. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Please be patient as I will be typing my responses to you from scratch. Also, I can only answer/address the questions you ask specifically based on the information your provide. Please try to provide as much information as possible so I can best assist you.

Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The answer really is that it depends on the admission papers she signed when she was entering the facility and what those papers state as to the administrative fee and the pharmacy she is using.

However, this is something that is legal if she, in any of the ALF papers she signed, granted them the authority to do this.

I hope this helps. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Thank you.