TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA
9373668

I sugn a cintact to purchase additional points in Wisconsin

Customer Question

I sugn a cintact to purchase additional points in Wisconsin dells with blue green vacations .. I want to terminate the additional points I just purchased . I live in Iowa . Can I cancel and if so how long donu have?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Consumer Protection Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

I'm not entirely certain that I understand what you purchased, but the general rule is that once the contract is signed, it is final. There are a few rare exceptions ... for example, door-to-door sales and mortgages have 3 day rescission periods. But aside from the rare exceptions, the contract is final when it is signed.

That said, the contract itself may have language indicating that you may cancel within a certain period of time. If so, then you as much time as the contract allows. But if the contract does not have cancellation language, then it likely cannot be canceled, per my answer above.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating via the stars (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!