Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

I could not open the link

Customer Question

Hello,http://share.pdfonline.com/97bc002ccbda4016814416e086cdc01e/pswhitepaper.pdf
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: I could not open the link tohttp://share.pdfonline.com/97bc002ccbda4016814416e086cdc01e/pswhitepaper.pdf
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: i am a swedish lawyer trying to help a swedish client who has been victim om fraud by Profitable Sunrise. I wonder how she can claim her money back.
JA: You can process your own refund by going to the Order History page and clicking on the "How do I get a refund" link below the amount paid for your question.
Customer: Kind regards
JA: Because consumer protection law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Pia Janné Nyberg
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF GEORGIA ATLANTA DIVISION
SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE : COMMISSION, :
Plaintiff : vs. :
: INTER REEF LTD. dba : PROFITABLE SUNRISE, :
Defendant, :
: MELLAND COMPANY S.R.O., : COLOR SHOCK S.R.O., : SOLUTIONS COMPANY S.R.O. and : FORTUNA-K S.R.O. :
Relief Defendants. :
Civil Action File No. 1:13-CV-1104-TWT The law suit was in Atlanta.
Category: Consumer Protection Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Have you sought to file suit against the company yet in the US? Have you filed a claim with the SEC to see if they can provide reimbursement from their lawsuit?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No, is that what we should do?
Pia
Thank you for your reply.
First step is contacting the SEC attorney who is listed on that lawsuit you listed and ask them if restitution was ordered and if you can make a claim for your client for restitution under that case. If the SEC attorney tells you it is not possible or too late, then the second step is you would need to file your suit against the company in the state where they are located for fraud and unfair and deceptive practices and your client can sue for up to treble damages plus attorney's fees and seek recovery through their own civil suit. Many times it is easier to get the SEC to collect as restitution, but you need to let them know your client has a claim and let them decide whether your client has to sue or they can get restitution though their case.